Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection Sunday Reflection (Triduum 3/3)

Alleluia!

Glory be to God!

Let all that breathes sing praises to God!

Alleluia!

Sing praises to God's holy name!

Alleluia!

Yeshua is risen!

Glory be to God!

Yeshua lives!

Alleluia!

How do I express this? How do I speak of this that I have witnessed? It was only a day ago, that I was at a loss for words to express my feelings. Now, only one day later, I am at an even greater loss to know how to share this that I have witnessed.

My beloved Teacher and friend lives! I speak truth. What my mouth speaks was witnessed by my eyes on this very morn. Every part of me proclaims that Yeshua is risen from the dead just as he had foretold.

We reached his tomb just as the sun kissed the horizon. We paused at the sight. Why was it open? We spoke not a word as our hearts began to race. Who moved the stone? Was someone else here to anoint Yeshua's body?

Entering the tomb, we see that his body is no longer where we placed it. Yes, this is where we placed him just before the Sabbath. My God, have they now stolen his lifeless body?

Resuming the trail of tears that had begun days earlier, I noticed a gardener. Maybe he witnessed what happened. Surely he will tell us where they have placed him and we will gather his body and return it to this tomb. Then we can anoint him as planned.

Oh, my God! That which happened next is truly beyond my ability to speak. The gardener, glory be to God! The gardener standing before me was Yeshua himself. He called me by name. I speak truth. I speak in truth.

Glory be to God!

Life returned to my body, to my soul as tears of mourning became tears of joy. Yeshua is risen from the dead! Yeshua lives! Alleluia! Alleluia!

--A follower of the living Yeshua

1 comment:

Reaction Designer Jewelry + Accessories said...

Glory be to God!
(Thanks for using 'Resurrection Sunday')